Sunday, April 9, 2023

Social Media


  Hi again blog, I made a blooper reel for my film! Whilst filming Paola (aka Sofia) and I (the director) had lots of funny moments which I felt the audience would enjoy seeing. This is also a source of promotion for "Unaware" since I am posting it prior to posting the film. 


  I uploaded a few more posts on Instagram and linked the Spotify playlist I created for the film. I also created a Tik Tok account where I posted a few videos and then added them to Instagram as well. I have a few Tik Toks saved to post after the film's release.





  I have decided I am going to post the film and blooper reel on both YouTube and Instagram. YouTube is a very commonly used platform not just in America, but globally. 

  I am waiting to get Paola's approval to post the blooper reel since she is in it and should have an opinion on if she wants any clips removed. 

  Update she said I could upload it!


  My goal when creating the blooper reel was to create something real. I did not edit the visual aspects at all so the looks are the originally filmed form. As you may notice in the image below (if it ever uploads) the first shot of the blooper reel looks quite grainy. I did not use this shot in the film itself, however, it is a realistic shot of what footage a cinematographer may capture. I did, however, edit the sound to make sure everything was even and could easily be heard. I tried to align my clips up to the music, which is the instrumental version of "When Do I Stop" by Ale Aldana, to create a blooper reel that is a satisfying watch.

  Plot-wise I was very lucky that my first and last shots came naturally. As you would notice if you watch the blooper reel (which you should) in the first blooper I mistakenly was recording and say "3 Oh I was filming this whole time" since I had planned to start recording, but already was. This leads well into the rest of the bloopers. The last shot is not really a blooper. It is footage I shot to use for a vlog, but then I never did create the vlog because I did not capture enough vlog footage. However, this clip fits perfectly as an end to the blooper reel as in it Paola and I wave bye to the camera!


Moving Forward:
  I will be creating my postcard tomorrow!
  
I can not believe this project is coming to an end. I am attending a Taylor Swift concert Thursday so my last blog posting will be on Wednesday. In that post I will have my postcard, short film, and social media pages linked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...