Sunday, April 9, 2023

Editing Wrap Up

  Hey blog, I never made a proper blog post as to how editing my film Unaware went so here is this!


Importing Footage:

  When I initially imported my footage I had over five minutes of footage just from the start of the short film till the gym scene ended. I was very worried as I knew once I imported the rest my film would be likely over ten minutes. Luckily I found the portion of iMovie that allows you to change the speed of your footage! I majorly utilized this tool.

Speed

  This tool allowed me to be able to use all of the footage I shot. A great aspect of this tool is that it preserves the pitch of the clip.


Stabilize Footage:

  Another iMovie tool I utilized was the stabilization ability. Even with my camera rig, I had some shacky hands so some of my footage was shakey. I was able to add the stabilization effect so my footage is more stable.

Stabilized

Match Color:

I used the match color filter to make each gym scene look the same. Since I shot from multiple angles in that location the lightning differed prior, so this helped!

Matching Color

Matching Color

Filter:

  Speaking of color I used iMovies Day into Night filter to make sure that the clips where Sofia leaves and enters the house appear to be nighttime. We shot these scenes at night, but my outside porch light was a little too bright and cold not be dimmed.

Before and After

Crop to Fit:

  To edit a few close-up shots I used the crop-to-fit feature on iMovie so that the image displayed was easily readable.

Sofia's Screen

Sound Editing:

  All of my dialogue I was able to record while on set! I only added in the music/music alarm and a few extra dietetic sounds such as the sound of Sofia's phone being laid down and the sound of the shower running. 

Shower Sound

                                      
Title/Credits

  When choosing a font for my title and credits I knew I wanted something that the audience would look at and think of school. I used the website Dafont and found the font "School Book New" which looks like a pencil writing.

Font

Font in Film

  My screenshotted images do not seem to want to upload currently, but I hope they will later! Update I had to import them differently which took quite a few minutes :(


Moving Foward:

  I will be creating my postcard tomorrow!

  I have created a blooper reel for social media and will post about it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...