Sunday, April 2, 2023

Music Hates Me


  Hey blog, I have not blogged on here thinking I would blog about my blooper reel being complete. Well... I have not started the blooper reel as I never heard back from Warner regarding using "Cold Cold Man" by Saint Motel. This really hurts the soul.

  I looked for a song for the blooper reel and thought I found one on this website uppbeat. I then realized the sound was one of their premium sounds and that I would have to pay to use this. I will not be doing this. 



  I might call Warner again tomorrow and see if they can give me a more direct number to call for information since the lady who picked up when I called did not know about licensing. I would like to beg you to use the song. I may or may not have recorded the song on my phone and started editing a blooper reel with it to see if the song is worth fighting for to use. It is worth it. When in contact with the company tomorrow I may even say how I will use the instrumental version of the song if needed. If they claim I have to pay I might just pay... I know I should just find another song, but I am so set on this one.

  I have already asked Ale, the creator of "When Do I Stop", to send me an instrumental recording of the song. I believe I will use this in my blooper reel if I do not gain the licensing rights.

 Additionally, today I recorded a few more sounds for my short film. I recorded the sink water running and the shower running. I believe I have all the sounds I needed for "Unaware". I am entering my final little fixes editing period and then I will be getting feedback from my peers as to if the editing is clean.


Moving Foward:

  I need to continue editing my short film.

  I need to create my postcard.

  I need to post on social media.

  I need to find music for my blooper reel if I am unable to gain the licensing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...