Thursday, March 30, 2023

Group Meeting

  Hey blog, today I participated in my first group meeting based on this project!

  My group was Keira, Sabrina, Nethumi, John, and myself. Keira, John, and I are doing a short film. Nethumi is doing a documentary. Sabrina is doing the trailer component.

Lovelies

  Keira shared a funny story with us that she named her characters by asking her cast what they were almost named. I would love to do this in the future. She also shared that she gets her music from Uppbeat. I will for sure be looking into this as I may need to find an alternative music source for my blooper reel. 

  I went next and had people critique my story and key art ideas. John recommended that I add a shot of the windows being open with it being dark out after Sofia wakes up from falling asleep. I think this is a good idea and will be trying this out. He also recommended that the key art I use for the postcard is the one I planned to use which is shot when Sofia opens the door and realizes it is a night out.

  When Sabrina went she shared how she feared her trailers may feel too much like a film opener. I have had a similar feeling about my short film. I fear that when Sofia opens the door it feels like the climax of the film and that there is no falling action. However, I could interpret the alarm ringing after Sofia falls asleep as being the climax. This would make her study portions of the rising action and the preparing to go to school portion as the falling action. So maybe there are two climax portions? This is not exactly how a story should be portrayed, but hey I am being unique?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...