Saturday, March 11, 2023

Do You or Do You Not Feel Bonita?

   Hey, blog, today was supposed to be my second SAT day and instead I woke up and got sick so I did not end up going to take it. This really did not make me feel bonita. If you don't know that TikTok reference (which I just found out is originally from Family Guy the tv show) it means I did not feel pretty. I was very unaccomplished today as I felt unwell. Tomorrow I will be formatting my script in a more organized manner and hopefully can share that with you all tomorrow.


Filming Update:

  I am set for filming either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday this week which is great! I wanted to be completed with filming before I possibly go on spring break vacation Tuesday so this is good news.


Music Update:

 Sadly as expected, I have not received an email back from Red Bull Records regarding song licensing. I emailed them over a week ago so I am slightly upset. Last year, as you may know, my licensing request was pretty much rejected, but to me, this is better than not hearing back at all. I decided to dm the band The Aces on social media on Thursday, but have not heard back from them. Due to this, I decided I would reach out to Republic Records which owns the rights to the song "In My Mind" by Lyn Lapid. This was my second choice song. I emailed Republic Records yesterday and sent it a license request! I received an email back stating that "A team member will be in touch with you within 24 hours." The email was sent to me at 12pm which has passed today. I am hoping that maybe the email meant "A team member will be in touch with you within 24 hours on a business day." and I will receive an email Monday. On Monday if I do not receive a response I will reach out to Lyn Lapid on social media.


The dm


  So I lack progress on the music aspect, but my brother (who created the music for my production last year) is home for spring break so it is possible I could ask him to create something for my short film. My brother typically creates instrumental pieces. I was hoping to use something with vocals included in it. I am a terrible songwriter so I am not sure if it would work if I wrote and recorded a song to which then he adds instruments. Likely not, but this may be my last resort as I am kind of giving up on contacting record labels. I may try to find a song from an artist who is not signed to a record label because maybe I could reach out to that artist individually and gain the rights. 


Moving Foward:

  Tomorrow I will share my script with you all.

  Next week I will blog about miss en scene and filming.

  The following week I will be editing.

  I still have to create the social media account and print aspect. I really need a title!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...