Friday, March 10, 2023

Print Perspective

  Hey blog, my second SAT is tomorrow and hopefully is the last SAT I have to take. Today I will introduce my project's print aspect. For my project, I have to create a postcard advertisement that I would use to distribute at short film festivals. 


What is a postcard advertisement:

  A postcard advertisement is used by short film creators to promote their films when they attend short film festivals. Short film festivals are busy and exciting places. The postcard advertisement should be attractive as the festival creators are competing to gain the interest of film festival goers. On the postcard advertisement, there should be key art, the title of the film in large print, the director's name, information regarding how to access the film's social media, and information regarding screenings of the film


Student Example:


Front

Back

How This Helps:


 
This postcard was created last year by a student who created a shortfilm relating to someone dealing with the fear of change. I really love the usage of color in this postcard. I also love the title of the film being displayed through a prop. The key art used here is similar to what I plan to use in that they are shots from the film. Unlike this postcard, I am going to include my character in the postcard. This postcard is simple, but I believe it would be effective if given to their target audience which was females in generation z.  In class, my teacher showed us a postcard that included its social media pages via QR. At first, I thought this was going to be the method I used to display my social media. However, after seeing this example I have decided I am likely going to just include the social media logos and names as I think it is more appealing to the eye. This postcard does not include the director's name. I will be including the director's name as well as the lead's name since my short film consists of visually a cast of one.


"Houston, we have a problem":


My Bad


  Mid blog hey blog (how unusual of me) I just got back from seeing a production of Legally Blonde which some of my AICE Media Studies peers were in and were great in. Last year while creating my media marketing project (linked here) I had to screenshot the merchandise I created on my computer and then edit out the background portions. I discovered the website Pixlr X which allowed me to crop the photos. This claims to be "free image editing online." Tonight I discovered this is in fact inaccurate as I went to edit my fourth photo and this beauty popped up on the screen. Well well well... not so "free" after all. My apologies for the screenshots of the website used below. I will figure out a way to crop my photos without using this website. I am sure there is a way on my computer itself. but for now, this will have to work.


Professional Example:


Front

Back

How This Helps:
  This postcard only has key art on the front. I believe I will be having key art on both the front and back, but it was good to see that this is not always the case. The key art on the front is an engaging shot that makes audiences question who the photographed person is and want to watch the film to find out this information. I really like the title font on this. I will likely add the title to the photograph like in this postcard and will not have the title in the shot like on the first postcard. I like the fact that it included what awards it was nominated for at certain film festivals. However, since my postcard is used for promotion I will not be using this idea. I also enjoy how this film was planned to be distributed at multiple film festivals so multiple locations and times are listed. I believe my plan is for my short film to only attend one film festival since it is not a big-budget short film. I find the QR code usage interesting, but think that since my film is geared towards Generation Z that the look of the social media logos would be preferred to the look of a QR code.


Moving Foward:

  I will post here tomorrow about my script and plot 

  I will update you all about the music situation I have currently going on

  I believe I will be filming next weekend

  I need to create a social media page, logo, and title


As always, wish me luck. If you are reading this and listening to Noah Kahan you may have realized I am thinking of the song "New Perspective" whilst I titled this blog. I recommend you stream that song if you haven't before!


Sources: 

https://kaileyfmedia.blogspot.com/ 

https://kavyamediastudiesa2.wordpress.com/category/postcard-advertisement/ 

https://pixlr.com/x/ 


APA Citations:

  Fretwell, K. (n.d.). Kailey's Media Studies portfolio. Retrieved March 10, 2023, from https://kaileyfmedia.blogspot.com/

kavyamediastudiesa2. (2017, April 4). Postcard advertisement – A2 media – short film. A2 Media - Short Film. Retrieved March 10, 2023, from https://kavyamediastudiesa2.wordpress.com/category/postcard-advertisement/

Photo editor & template designer. Photo Editor : Pixlr.com - free image editing online. (n.d.). Retrieved March 10, 2023, from https://pixlr.com/x/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...