Saturday, March 12, 2022

First Filming

    Hey blog, today's filming went way better than expected!! Today we filmed all shots without Meredith, Tomorrow we will be focusing on the shots with Meredith. I play to film to hallway scene last as I believe this one may be the most difficult to get perfect. 

    I will show the final sets tomorrow as we did not set up/film in the imagined office today. We filmed using an iPhone and a tripod. Lightning-wise, we were nervous, but for all shots today my normal room and bathroom lighting were used and we believe turned out to be accurate lighting. The visuals are most important to us currently as sound will be added in later. Tomorrow I believe we will be using a ring light for the imagined room. 

Editing:

    I insert all of the clips we recorded today to get an idea as to where we are and to make sure everything flowed. This also allowed me to see that one clip may need to be reshot as Julie's hand is in it, but I will discuss this with her tomorrow and we can decide.

Issue:

    We already have over two minutes of footage. I am worried as I believe we will get around a minute of footage tomorrow.

    I do spot lots of awkward beginnings and ends that will be edited out, so I believe the time will go down and or scenes will be cut out.

Screenplay:

    Minimal progress was made today on our screenplay due to the focus on filming, I will make sure this is done before editing. 


Fine:

    Okay, I will share a sneak peek. My idea came to life! I really wanted the water Patti is splashing her face with to turn red/blood and it did! I am super excited to edit this section of our opener. I also believe due to all of the red colors in our opener that Meredith's makeup can look a little bloody.


Moving Foward:

    My partner Julie and I talked post-shoot and decided we need to do the screenwriter, find a font for our opening titles/credits, and talk with Tyler (who successfully made it home in bad weather) about our music. 

    Also,  my brother (Tyler, creator of our score) wants to see what we film tomorrow along with today's recording before he begins the creation process, so post-shoot tomorrow I will be inserting all new clips and creating a temporary edited version to share with him. 

    Today's blog is a short one, as I want to rest up for tomorrow's filming but I am going to vlog tomorrow! I am super excited to take you all along into a day in the life filming the film opening edition. I will vlog the makeup application process, costume wetness, set up, introduce you to the cast/crew, and more! Maybe I can even get Tyler to briefly explain his music idea in the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...