Friday, March 11, 2022

Film Finalization Friday

  Hi blog today is the final day of preparation for our start of shoot tomorrow!! This may be a hectic weekend, (my brother gets home for spring break tomorrow during our filming set time) but I am super excited for what is to come. 

Updated Storyboard:

Only slight changes were made to make my drawing a little less painful to look at. Thank you Julie for your artistic help!




Screenplay:

Our screenplay is our current task being completed. It is not done, little progress was made. 

Current screenplay


Introducing Tyler:

    Tyler is my nineteen-year-old brother (only sibling) who graduated high school last year (with a national merit scholarship) and now in college is pursuing actuarial science. He may not be studying media production but as a band kid and former tv kid he has lots of experience with creating music, editing music, editing in general, filming, etc.
Tyler's Senior Portrait 
Experience:

Television Production:

Television Production class in middle school for - years
Television Production class in high school for two years!

Awards Won:
Honorable mention for a podcast at the Student Television Network in Seattle, Washington in 2019

Band:

Middle school and high school band for seven years
Continues to pursue his music interest in college by taking a band class this semester
Hopes to join the Marching band next semester

Awards:

Many awards in the band were won but those aren't exactly in relation to music production, but this band experience allowed for him to have experience transcribing music for himself and other band members, which this year he has still continued to do.

    I am very thankful he said yes to creating our short music piece when I was painfully rejected by Asthmatic Kitty Records (still a bit upset). He will be creating our music using MuseScore which he has lots of experience with as seen below
Tyler editing on MuseScore

    Also, I am very excited to be able to receive opinions on our film opening from someone I know who will be honest and unafraid to say "I believe you can do better than this." Once the piece is finished I will make sure he sends me an email/official document stating I have the right to use the song!


Moving Foward:

Thursday and today (Friday) I planned out the sett and created a poster along with adjusting a few items

Props Created: 


Black tissue boxes for imagined rooms

These boxes were created by wrapping tissue boxes in sleek black wrapping paper.


Bloody soap for the imagined bathroom


This concoction was created using red food die, hand soap, an empty hand soap bottle, and baby oil.

Materials for the negative sign creation
I printed the fingerspelled alphabet to make sure I used the correct signs

The negative sign for the imagined room


    Tomorrow we begin to film!! I will show the final looks of the sets tomorrow as I want to compare my plan with how our set actually ended up looking! Nerves are starting to form a bit especially since our screenplay is not done less than twenty four hours before the shoot.  I believe (more like hope) these nerves will be over taken by excitement when I wake up tomorrow and realize the day has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...