Wednesday, February 22, 2023

A Comedic Coming of Age Short Film

  Hey blog, I ended up completing a bunch of AP United States history homework yesterday so that I could focus on studying for my upcoming SATs throughout the weekend and also still have time to blog this weekend. Therefore the research blog is being shared with you all today rather than yesterday.

Coming of Age Genre:

  Last year my film was a psychological thriller. This year I decided I wanted to challenge myself by doing something with a more positive tone. I have decided to do a Comedic Coming of Age film.


What makes a film a Coming of Age film?




How will my film align with this genre:
  The audience will see the protagonist preparing for the SAT which is an important exam to get into college. This supports the aspect of coming-of-age films showing crucial portions of a person's life. 
  My protagonist will be a seventeen-year-old who is just about to enter adulthood
  My short film will feature some sort of crush, but not directly 
  

Side Note:
  I am leaning towards only having one character shown in the film. There will be other characters heard though. 

  
How will my film also align with the Comedy genre?
  Comedies often feature over exaggeration of events. The process of getting ready to go to school will be overexaggerated in my film as the character wants to look her very best for school.
  Comedies typically have a happy ending. My comedy will have a happy ending no matter which end I end up going with since either the girl made it to the SAT or the girl has the SAT the following morning and likely ends up making it. 

Target Audience:
  The target audience for my film is teenagers around the age of twelve to eighteen.

Source:


Citation: 

Kench, Sam, et al. “Coming of Age Movies Explained - Examples and Characteristics.” StudioBinder, 5 Dec. 2022, https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/what-is-a-coming-of-age-movie-definition/. 


Moving Foward:

  I am hoping to watch the comedic coming-of-age Booksmart directed by Olivia Wilde this weekend to be inspired.
  I will further develop my plot this weekend and come up with a rough draft of my script.
  I may create an online storyboard since I lack the artistic ability to draw one.
  I need to find my lead. I have been attempting to convince my friend Paola who helped with my film opener creation last year, but she has been having a busy year so I made need to continue looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...