Wednesday, March 8, 2023

It's Okay to be Clingy

  Hello blog, I am almost done getting caught up with missed school work. I have had to think by the end of the week I will have taken over ten quizzes/tests. This is great news (not the quizzes and tests) as it means I will be able to begin preparing to film my short film. I am taking my second SAT this Saturday, so no filming this weekend. 


Casting:

  The repetition of texts to my best friend Paola may have persuaded her to be the unnamed lead in my shortfilm! Last year she assisted in the opening production of my "Can You Help Me?" film with my good friend Julie. She was also in the opener for a brief moment as you can see in the clip below. She is a busy person, but I believe we will be able to meet and film next weekend, hopefully.

  

Inanimate Object Short Film Research:

  If the casting does not work out, my teacher recommended I use an inanimate object as my lead. I have watched a few short films that use inanimate objects.


  I first watched the Short Film "Inanimate Objects" created by Broken Pipes Films. In this film, inanimate objects begin to talk and move on their own. The majority of shots in this short film still shots. I enjoyed this film as it taught me that you do not always need actresses/actors in your film, even though there is an actress in this film interacting with inanimate objects. 

  I had a few concerns when watching this film

  • I am not sure what inanimate object to use to portray my main character?
  • I want to incorporate more than just still shots in my film, would this be possible?



  Second I watched "What the Fud?" directed by Phillips G. Berg. This is a short film about a woman who deals with her problems by talking to an inanimate duck who speaks back to her. Similar to the first film this feel features also a human. 

  I had a few concerns when watching this film

  • It featured a human interacting with an inanimate object. If I go the inanimate route then I likely will not be having any humans in my film.
  • This film also focused heavily on still shots of the inanimate object.

Link to "What the Fud?":

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/archive/2012/03/a-charming-short-film-about-talking-to-inanimate-objects/468090/ 


Backup Plan:

  In case my friend backs out of the film I have an alternate idea in mind for what I would do. This would basically be the same story except with my mom as the lead. In this film, you would see a mother telling her daughter (who would be played by yours truly) wishing her daughter good luck on her SAT tomorrow. Then the mother goes to bed and has my originally planned film in her dream except it is just the portion after the girl fell asleep. It turns into the mother rushing to get ready for her SAT in her past self's shoes. 

  Hopefully, my friend is able to be a part of my short film and these backup plans do not have to be developed!


Moving Foward:

  Tomorrow I will be posting a story/script update with what I have been working on this past week.

  I need to create my social media Instagram page meaning I should develop a film title!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...