Friday, March 3, 2023

Music Madness

  Hey blog,  I lack many updates as today has been a not-so-great day. but I do have a music update.


Music:

  Today I found out that the band The Aces who created the song I want to use in my project are signed to Red Bull Records. I had no idea Red Bull had their own record label. I sent an email to three different emails to try and gain a Sync License and Master Recording License. Last year I was unprepared when emailing Asthmatic Kitty Records who owned the song I wanted to use so I got rejected. On the bright side, the company did email me back a link to a document on how music licensing works so I become more informed. Sadly, the Red Bull Records website was a bit confusing. They have a licensing company called Red Bull Record Sound Supply, but from my research, the song I intend to use is not on that website. However, on that website was an FAQ page that listed the pricing for song usage. From my understanding, I would have to pay $1.99 to use the song for my non-commercial usage. I would prefer to not have to pay at all, but I understand why I might have to. I am not sure if I will receive a reply, but hopefully, I do and I can use the song "Always Get This Way"




Sources:

https://www.themusickitchen.com/music-biz/music-licensing-sync-licenses-master-use-licenses/ 

https://www.redbullsoundsupply.com/faq 


APA Citations:

Benghiat, M. (2016, November 23). Music Publishing and Licensing 101: Sync Licenses and Master Use   Licenses. The Music Kitchen. Retrieved March 5, 2022, from https://www.themusickitchen.com/music-biz/music-licensing-sync-licenses-master-use-licenses/

High Quality Music for your online videos. Red Bull Sound Supply. (n.d.). Retrieved March 3, 2023, from https://www.redbullsoundsupply.com/faq 


Moving Foward:

  I will share my script with you all tomorrow and on Sunday will be creating a mood board for my main character as well as sharing more exciting information about the settings of my short film.

I still need to find a lead! 

I am going to give Red Bull Records a week to get back to me and then will be reaching out to my backup option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...