Thursday, March 2, 2023

A Little Of Everything

  Hey, blog, I took my SAT Wednesday and it went as expected. I was proud of myself for going because I had signed up for a previous SAT and the day I woke up feeling sick, so I did not go. I for sure failed the maths sections, but so it goes. In a few weeks, I will update you on whether I did better or worse than expected. Hopefully, I did better than I thought I did. Since I went to school Wednesday I thought I was going to be able to go back today, Thursday, and I would have had my AICE Media class. I did not end up going back.  I am hopefully going to school tomorrow and after school, I will be meeting with my Media teacher to discuss this project.

Social Media:

  In class Monday, whilst I was home, my teacher went into depth about the social media aspects of our projects. My friend Julie, whom you all may remember since she was my film opener partner last year, has sent me her notes. Everyone say "Thank you, Julie!" 

  My plan for social media is to create an Instagram account. On Instagram, you can post both video and photo content, unlike on TikTok which I had thought about using. My target audience, teens, is
very familiar with Instagram so I believe this will be what works best.

  What I will be posting on Instagram is unknown. I would like to post still shots (my favorite shots) of my lead character, but I do not have a cast yet. I also at some point likely need to create some sort of logo for my film meaning I also need to choose a title.



Casting Update:

  Each person I have asked to be my lead character has either said no or maybe, but they are busy and will be unlikely to take part in my project. This is a bit of an issue.


Music:

  Last year in my film opener I included music my brother created since my want to use the song Futile Devices by Sufjan Stevens was rejected. Well, it was not rejected, but the company that owns the song wanted me to pay a pretty penny to use the song. Anyways, I heard this song on TikTok today called Always Get This Way by a group The Aces. It hit too close to home, as it what about feeling like your anxiety is causing you to be a burden, but it is a bop of a song. I think it matches the tone of stress/confusion the lead character is going to feel after being ridiculed by her parents for thinking it was the morning when it was still night. I kind of imagine the end of my short film is the lead going to sleep and then I would have my credits at the end. I am a person who falls asleep listening to music, so I thought it would be interesting to have the girl put her AirPods in and turn on the song I mentioned as she goes to sleep. The song would roll into the credits. I have no idea if this is a good idea or if I would even be able to freely have access to the song. A backup song choice would be In My Mind by Lyn Lapid, but I think it is a little slow for my ideal choice. We shall see!


Other Updates:

  I have been working on my script as well as developing my character, who is basically me, is this aspect bad? Maybe?  

Script Sneak Peak


Overall:

  I NEED TO FIND A CAST! Sorry, that was harsh but true


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...