Sunday, March 19, 2023

Filming Potential

  Hey, blog, I began filming today and it did not go as expected. You may remember when this occurred with my final last year. 

  It took me a long time to set up the shots. The tripod, in my opinion, was very unstable. I kept having to put my foot on it to keep it stable. Also, when I filmed using the camera rig it was still shaky footage since I have naturally shaky hands. I will be borrowing Paola's dad's tripod tomorrow in hopes that this will hold a non-shaky camera.

  My cast member Paola arrived at 3:45 with a planned 4 start. 

  We filmed the first few scenes where the girl is in her room studying, but it was hard to get a good camera angle where the outside light coming in through the shutter windows was not visible

  When we went to film the workout scenes there was no way to make it appear to be night since it was bright out and the location has white curtains. We waited from 5:30-7:30 and the sun finally set so we were able to film the workout scenes. My lead cast member left at 8:30 so I was unable to get filming done today.

  The footage itself looks grainy. I should have used the 4k setting on my phone, but I completely forgot about it until I was midway through filming the first scene. I decided not to reshoot thinking it would be okay, but looking back I should have restarted.

   I will be refilming tomorrow from 7-10 meaning the sun will be down and I can gain more shots without having to use weird angles to make it look dark.    I should have bought blackout curtains to make it appear dark outside. I

  Since we were able to shoot a decent amount of footage today I believe the first few scenes I will be able to film quickly as I know the directions I will be giving to my cast member and the shots I will be shooting. 


Editing:

 I gained over five minutes of footage today so I decided to edit it and I see the potential. From editing, I can see a few shots, such as the one where she gets her AirPods and one where she gets her phone, could be cut. This is good since I am currently over the length of the short film is supposed to be and I still have a good portion to film. I hope tomorrow my hands are not as shaky tomorrow as they were today because my still shots are not still. 


Edits So Far

How to Shoot Better Tomorrow:

  After editing I typed a bunch of critiques as to how I can improve my directing and cinematography for tomorrow. I also have a few notes for the cast which I will inform them of tomorrow.

Critique List 

  I will be vlogging tomorrow so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...