Friday, February 17, 2023

Think Brain Think

  Hey blog, I took the day to plan and have come up with three ideas that are nowhere closely to related to each other. I will now give a small summary of each with the pros and cons. 

Option 1:

  Short Film
  Genre: Psychological Thriller

  A girl drops her id and another girl sees this happen from afar. The viewing girl grabs the id hoping to return it to the girl who drooped it, but that girl has now disappeared. Will girl two ever find girl one?


Pros:
- I am decently experienced in creating a psychological thriller film as this is what I did for my AS project
- My friend Paola who helped with my AS film said she had an interest in being in this film
- Filming locations could be anywhere
- Easy costuming/props

Cons:
- Will require a larger cast than I may be able to find
- Would this be too long of a story to fit into a short film?


Option 2:

  Documentary
  Genre: Sports
 
  An episodic documentary covering women in sports focuses less on the difficulty of it and more on how these women are impacting society.

Pros:
- This would interest me to film as it is something I am passionate about
- I know women involved in the sports industry

Cons:

- Would the people I know be interested in partaking in this documentary?
- I saw a previous AICE Media Student had a project covering women in sports, would mine be too repetitive?
- Filming locations may be difficult as I am unsure if I could film at school games


Option 3:

  Music Video
  Genre: Promotional/Story Telling

Pros:
- I would enjoy making a music video as I love music
- I know someone who creates her own original music
- Filming locations would be accessible 
- Costuming/props would be basic
- Creative ideas for lightning

Cons:
- Would the person I know have any interest in being a part of this?

Overall:

  It is clear that these ideas are all underdeveloped and all share the common con that I am really bad at reaching out to people to be involved in my creations. I posted something on my social media story that did not directly ask my musically inclined friend to have her as my artist if I did the music video, but I think it got the point across. I will be waiting to see if she replies to this and if she does not I may reach out to her and see if she has any interest. If she does not, which is my assumption, I can easily cross the music video idea off of my plans. Then I may reach out to one of my athletic friends and see if they would have any interest in being part of the documentary. If both people say no then I believe the short film will be the way I am heading. 

Wish me luck, 
I will update you all tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...