Monday, February 20, 2023

New Plan

  Hey blog, I have a new plan!

Plot:

  A girl is studying late for the SAT which is taking place the following morning. She falls asleep whilst studying and wakes up at her desk in a state of panic since an alarm on her phone has gone off and she assumes this means she is late for her SAT. This alarm was likely set since she was taking a practice SAT test and was making sure she finished each section on time. The girl frantically gets ready and walks outside to go to her car and leave but realizes it is still dark out and that the sun is not rising as it should be. 


Ending Option One: 

  She runs back inside to her parent's room and awakens them and they inform her that it is still nighttime and that she must have fallen asleep for a few moments.  The girl is in disbelief but checks her computer which has the SAT practice screen still up with a message stating she has run out of time. The girl decides to go back to bed. 


Ending Option Two:

  When she walks outside she makes some sort of funny remark such as "Oh no, not again!" as if this is an occurrence that has happened in the past. 


Issues:

  This idea needs more detailed development. I fear this may not fit the short film format as it seems more like a film opener? I am not sure it would fill the full five minutes. Is this too boring?


Moving Foward:

  I need to research short films and figure out which genre this film is. I believe it is a comedic coming of age.

  I need to develop my script and shot list along with how long each aspect should be.

  I need to find my cast


Bye for now blog, tomorrow will be a day full of research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...