Saturday, February 25, 2023

Stressful Week

  Hello blog, this week I have my first SAT so I have been focused on studying for this important exam. This means I have not made much progress on my untitled short film.



Script:

  I may stay up late tonight and watch Booksmart to hear how it was written. I know that I want my short feel to feel very natural and unscripted, but I will still be creating a script. I am still determining how much I will have my cast follow the script, I would like to allow the cast to express their beliefs on if the lines sound like something they would use in their everyday speech. 


Outline of Script


  You may remember in previous blogs I have mentioned that there are two versions of the proposed ending for my short film. Ending two continues where ending one ends. Due to this, I plan to film the entire thing as in ending one is the middle of the film and ending two is the actual end. Then whilst editing I will create the film with the ending one and see how long that is. If it is not long enough I will continue on with the ending two portion.


Casting:

 I have still been unable to convince my friend to be the lead. I will ask again this week and if she does not want to do it I will find someone else.


Location:

  I will be filming in my own room. My room is the place I spread most of my time and I believe it expresses who I am. I am building my lead character sort of based on myself. 


Date of Filming:

  That is to be determined. Originally I would have liked to film the weekend of the eleventh. But, I will be taking my second SAT test on this date. I believe filming will take place the weekend of March 18th. I will have to make sure this works with my future to-be-determined cast.


Moving Foward:

  I may watch Booksmart tonight, if so be prepared to see an early morning (maybe 1am?) blog posting!

  I need to find my lead character. This is my biggest worry currently.

  I need to continue with my script.

  Once I have my lead I will be working with them on costuming. Props wise I already own the props I need, but I will make and share a set list of the items at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...