Thursday, March 31, 2022

The Final Countdown

     Good evening blog, t minus 5 days until my AICE Media AS Cambridge Portfolio Project will be submitted. On Tuesday at 12am I believe I will either be asleep at my computer (with a turned-in project) or I will be happily dancing. Either way, I am so excited to share with you "Can You Help Me?" I am crazy proud of how far this opener has come and all that I have learned from this experience.

    I recommend you listen to "The Final Countdown" by Europe either before, while, or after reading this blog as it is what I feel while writing this. 

 As I shared Monday sounds were created. Today, Wednesday I created a few more sounds I realized I missed Monday. All of the sounds were relatively easy to create since they are basic sounds such as doors closing and footsteps.  


Sounds Created:

Footsteps of Patti, Meredith, and the unnamed patient.

Dripping water

Running water

Doors closing and opening

Pencil

Notebook close and open

Hitting of sink

Drying of notebook

Breathing

Sitting down

Vocals




    For the unnamed patient, I tried to make my voice sound muffled by covering my mouth with a piece of paper. This somewhat worked but I wanted more so I decided to use the Muffled audio effect on iMovie


Tired Monday Me




    I did remember my good old friend Foley sound and decided to use it when creating the water sound for when Meredith drips water on Patti's paper. I had used foley in a past project where Foley was used to create a football games soundscape. In that project, I dropped rice on a pie pan to create deep heavy rain noise sounds. I knew this noise would not fit the light water drip I wanted to create so instead I dropped the rice on notebook paper. 



    Not all sounds are yet imported as I am typing this blog but I will not sleep until I do so. I will be up till dawn if I need to. I could just do it in study hall tomorrow afternoon but I feel a bolt of energy. 



Lighting:


    I am using Camo an iMovie clip filter. I believe the darkness of the filter I believe fits our opener in the imagined scenes since lighting wise we did not use a ring light to differentiate as planned.  I also currently have the Blast iMovie clip filter on the last scene. I want to see Julie's opinion on this as I am not sure I fully like it.  I also discovered the Match Color button on Imovie. I would like to hug whoever created this button as you saved me a lot of stress and time. Match Color helped me make sure all of my real scenes and imagined scenes respectively had the same lighting.

Camo

    Blast

Match Color




Moving Foward:

    Progress on music has been made! My music idea changed a bit, so I want to take a full blog post to discuss this so that will be tomorrow. Stay tuned...

    Other than that our project is wrapping up and our CCR is beginning. I will discuss the CCR Friday. For now, my idea consists of a rant. It would be like my therapy sessions but instead of my psychologist, it's the camera. I think this would fit really well with our genre and opener theme. This would also allow my panic personality to have its five seconds of fame! I am oddly excited to create the CCR. This year I am in AICE Global Perspectives AS level and one of our components is a presentation that is recorded. My peers said I had a very newscaster voice likely due to my background in acting in theatre so I think this background will help me make my CCR informative and engaging. 


Still to be completed:

Editing of sound, lighting, timing, etc. - Julie and I in class Friday will be comparing our edited versions and creating our final edit.

Creation of production company - Julie wants to animate this but has a busy work schedule this week so she has not been able to yet. If she does not by Saturday I will make it. 

Credits - We just need to add them to our opener. This will be likely the final addition, the cherry on top. 

CCR- I am devoting my weekend to the CCR.


Currently thinking I may become a blogger as I enjoy this a little too much. I am rambling so I will end it here, goodnight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...