Monday, March 21, 2022

Reshoot Monday

     Reshoot day was today!! I will explain how it went, but first, I recommend you to watch the vlog!

Explanation:

    Julie and Paola got to my house around 10:15 first I explained to Paola what the film opener is about and how we planned to shoot. We began to shoot in order of appearance. This was difficult, to say the least. The actress playing Patti, Laura/My mom, found it hard to stay still between scenes as everything was being moved around her. Also, at times I worried whether or not each prop was always in its exact location. At one point I bumped the phone so the phone looks different in one shot compared to the next and I am really mad at myself for causing that. Other than my mistake and my mom not enjoying sitting still in between shots, everything went well

    Somewhat sad news, my dad was at work so now Paola is playing the role of the person who bumps into Patti. We are changing this role to a patient and not a coworker since Paola is a short teen and we did not have professional-looking clothing for her to change into. 



    We finished shooting the office and hallway scenes and got midway through the bathroom scene when Julie had to leave. I was unaware she was going to have to leave since she did not have work today I just assumed she could stay till whenever. I was wrong though and should have asked her prior what time she needed to leave. 

    I had a panic attack as Julie was leaving. I am quite surprised this is my first panic attack caused by this film opener project. I panicked worrying that when she came back we would have to reshoot the bathrooms scene since the camera and tripod were majorly moved. I should not have had a panic attack but I can not control them. 

    We broke for lunch and I took Paola home. Julie came back around four pm and we shot the remaining bathroom scenes. This time she did not have her tripod so we used this phone stand I have had for a long time and never used till now. Julie left once we were done and I inserted all clips into Imovie. 

    Overall, shooting was a bit hectic but I am glad it is done. Paola was a great help so I am glad I decided to not be afraid to ask for help. I am also thankful Julie was able to come back to film after having dental fillings and that my mom was able to power through this process.


Editing:

    When I first inserted the clips we were way over time as I expected the opener to be. We were at over five minutes. 


I found a spot that needed to be reshot so I did reshoot it. My camera quality is not the same as Julie's but unless we have time to reshoot this short clip the version I have will work. The problem shot is once Patti walks into the bathroom. In the shot we took during refilming the door is visible. The door is open but in the previous shot Patti closed the door, so I reshot this scene with the door not visible. 

Original Refilmed Shot

Refilmed Refilmed Shot


    I have not edited to great detail yet, but I do think I figured out how to do the mirror trick inspired by "Last Night In Soho" directed by Edgar Wright

    I did this by using iMovies Green/Blue Screen tool. It looks a little choppy but I will fix this. 

Moving Foward:

     I will begin to edit the lighting and sound whilst in New York. I also am going to send the current version of the opening to Tyler so he knows exactly where music is needed. I hope to get the music back by next Monday this gives him around a week. I need to talk with Julie again to make sure the screenplay is completed and that we begin to look for fonts. I also need to make sure she is okay with all audio being dubbed. If so, I can begin recording the dub for Patti and the voiceover for the patient and I will make sure Paola and Julie record their few lines. 

    I am still very nervous since the time till my due date continues to creep closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...