Thursday, June 1, 2023

Closing the Chapter: Part 2

  Back in the media room, I was for year two. I was thrilled to find out that Brooke and Julie were in my class for year two! I knew the majority of the class from day one, but there were a few new faces whom I developed relationships with over the year.

  This year was a bit of a blur for me as I dealt with mental health challenges, however, the media gave me an outlet, a place where I could escape my own struggles and just enter a new world I created. Media gave me a purpose. 

   The projects that impacted me the most in media this year were the two final projects. This year, unlike last, I decided to create my short film "Unaware" alone, this mainly was due to the fear that I would drag my partner down. Working alone went well, I was able to create each component, the video, social media, and postcard. During critiques, most people praised my social media which was great as I thought that in college I could attempt to become an influencer/post my passions. 

  Speaking of passions, as you read in the second most recent blog I really am unsure of what I want to do in the future. I think my major will end up being something in journalism/digital media, but I will still try to take courses in the marketing/communications field. 

  I was one of six juniors in a class full of seniors. I had honestly not talked to all of the juniors well till today, the final day of class. I hope that I continue to keep up to date with these students as we are all going to be dealing with AICE Media withdrawal. I was so impacted by each student in the class as they each had their specialization which they were more into. Some of my peers had great scripting skills, others had great marketing skills, and others had great videography skills. I recently wrote a few Instagram messages to a few of the seniors that impacted me the most as seeing their skills challenged me to grow.

  The final project I ended up editing as you know if you read the last blog. I used Adobe Premire for the first time when previously I had only used iMovie. Editing this allowed me to see the wide arrange of areas in the media I could work in as some of my peers want to work for The New York Times and others want to become directors. This class has prepared me for a job in the field and I am extremely grateful to my teacher.


The way I started my AICE Media blog: 
    "Hi, my name is Grace, I am a 10th grader who is at the point of life where she must figure out what she wants to do in the working world. My "ideal job" changes weekly, if not daily, and the media is something I am interested in. College seems far away but I know time flies. Currently, I am enrolled in the AICE Media AS course. This blog will be the place I document my work as I go along learning and creating within media. I am so excited to be able to look back in the future and see some of the exciting things I got to create in my sophomore year."

The way I am ending my AICE Media blog:
  Hi, my name is Grace, I am a soon-to-be senior who is still figuring out what she wants to do in the working world. My "ideal job" remains to be something that is ever-changing, but I know for sure I want to work in the media. College does not seem far away anymore as time is flying. I am soon no longer rolled in AICE Media and this blog will now be used in any way I want, whether it is sharing creations, reviewing a movie, etc. I am so excited about my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...