Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Start of Something New

  Hey blog, I am back! This summer I will be doing a one-week journalism program and have decided I want to learn how to use Adobe Premire Pro prior as I have been only using iMovie throughout my AICE Media experience which is coming to an end.

  Speaking of the AICE Media end, I am editing an my final project which was to create a video based on a prompt. The prompt my group choose was "What does it mean to 'grow up'" Our documentary is laid back as we interviewed our peers so I decided now could be a good time to start learning premier pro by creating a blooper reel which I do not think will be graded, but I could likely receive feedback on. 

  From first impressions, editing on Adobe seems like a slower process than on iMovie, but this could also just be because I am experienced with iMovie and not Adobe. I started watching a video on the basics and then got bored so I just decided to download the program and play around with it.

  I did not get much further than figuring out how to edit audio and clips and also I figured out how to add graphics




  I checked out the coloration area and was happy to see that there are presets that I will likely use when editing in the future. These preset looked less harsh than the iMovie presets I have previously used. I also thought the different audio effects were very interesting.

  As the program I am going to approaches in late June, I will continue to figure out how to use Adobe.

  I ended up also editing the documentary itself on iMovie which has inspired me to create future documentaries.

  I have missed the blog as you can tell, so I will for sure blog if I have time at the program or after the program. I am specializing in anchoring whilst there to step out of my comfort zone as I am more experienced with producing films rather than being on camera.

  I have some hopes that throughout next school year, I will make a few productions possibly a documentary on how my school's new clear bag policy is altering how people pack their bags and I also want to try and get involved in filming the sports at my school possibly by creating a season-long documentary for one of the less represented sports.

  College applications are coming soon and that is scaring me, but this new adventure will be okay! Things will work out the way they are meant to.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...