Saturday, April 2, 2022

It's Not The Same Anymore

     Hey, blog today is Saturday oh my goodness. T minus two days until my entire project will be submitted. Today's blog is a reflection as I prepare to shoot my CCR tomorrow. 

    I recommend you listen to "It'S Not The Same Anymore" by Rex Orange County either before, while, or after reading this blog as it is what I feel while writing this. 


Important Announcements:


    I figured out how to get the font from font space and I am very proud of myself since it was my tired self's struggle yesterday.

Font In

    Yesterday in my blog I stated I needed to "Get the production company intro from Julie. It is done she just keeps forgetting to send it to me but that is okay." I was in the wrong as she had sent it to me and I just completely missed it. So the production company intro is in!

1:30 AM Update

    Our opener is done I'm so happy that this part of the process is over so my focus can shift to my CCR

Final


Reflection:

    I want to use this portion of my blog as the area for my thoughts on my journey with "Can You Help Me?" When I first heard about the Creative Portfolio Project at the very beginning of the year I was super excited, then the day came when we were told to begin working on the project and my excitement switched to panic. I was super worried that I would be unable to complete it in time but well based on how things are going it will be on time. 


What I Would Change:

    If I had to redo my project completely I would likely not work with a partner. I have realized it is not easy scheduling-wise. This was Julie and my main problem as we both are busy people with very different schedules. I think working on my own time would be easier. 

    Next timed video project one of my first steps will be to plan out exactly how long each clip will be so I am able to use all clips we shoot. If we would have done this with "Can You Help Me" we could have developed the setting more. 

    Somewhat jokingly I would also try to either find $500 or convince Asthmatic Kitty Records to use "Fourth of July" One day I will be involved in a project using this song just wait and see.


Overall:

    I am super proud of Julie and me for how the opener turned out to be. I am proud of myself for the amount of research I did, for learning new editing techniques, for learning how to direct, and for the amount of heart and soul I put into this


CCR Update

     I have decided to stick with my idea of recording my CCR like a rant to my psychologist. I am going to make it like it is my first appointment with a new psychologist so it makes sense why I am with a psychologist who ignores me. It will also be a virtual appointment that I will record by using zoom. The zoom will allow me to share my screen to show what I am speaking about.

Zoom Grace

CCR Breakdown:


    In my Creative Critical Reflection, I will be focusing on answering four questions.

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

2. How does your product engage with audiences and how it would be distributed as a real media text?

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

4. How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware, and online - in this project?


Script:

     I do not want to share my CCR script until tomorrow when I officially publish the CCR.


Current Script

Moving Foward:

    While yes, I was hoping to shoot my CCR today that did not work out and that is okay. I wanted to make sure I had a set script and also that my opener was for sure ready to be posted here Monday night. I will film and edit my CCR tomorrow. Wish me luck!


    As Rex Orange County once sang "I should be happy of course" my project is coming to an end but I will miss it, especially my blog. I really want to continue blogging over the summer as I dive deeper into the film world. But, I am unsure if this blog is the place for it. One way or another I will be becoming a blogger this summer and I hope you stick around with me for that part of my life along with the future of my AICE Media Studies journey as I am hoping to take A level next year.  This was way long, I apologize bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...