Saturday, March 19, 2022

Update

     Welp blog it is Saturday and we still have not refilmed as I planned to. The issue is Julie was unavailable Saturday and Sunday and I leave for New York City Tuesday, so... we are filming everything on Monday. I am scared, to say the least. Now hopefully since we already did a first shoot things will run smoothly. 

    Also, I have asked my friend Paola to help us. She has agreed to help! This additional person will be very beneficial since we are now planning to shoot in order. We will be having a lot of quick set changes between real and imagined. 

Introduction to Paola:

    Paola has been a great friend of mine since the sixth grade. She took TV production in eighth grade and is currently in DECA where she has learned all things business-related. I believe she will be a great help since she is very dedicated to all that she does. She has experience in theatre and is very artistic so I believe she will understand our set easily and have an eye for where each item should be placed. I am very thankful for her future help on set!


Worries:

    Overall, the cuts between real and imagined must be cleaner. We are trying to have match cuts and the way we filmed last time did not allow for these cuts. We need to make sure the camera is always in the same location and we have decided to not use my ring light and instead edit the lighting after filming so the camera does not have to be moved for the ring light to be placed on it.

    Another worry of mine is sound, we have planned to add all sound during post-production but I am worried the dub will not match up, I guess if worse comes to worst we will keep the sound coming from Patti from filming, but it may not be very clear. 


 Music Update:

    Tyler has gone back to school, I want to have my first edit of the reshot opener by Friday so I can send it to him and he can begin working on our piece. Hopefully, he can have this done by Monday! Tyler is not very worried about this creation since it will be a very short piece and he has lots of experience. The sooner I can have my first edit finished, the better!


Moving Foward:
    Today is a short blog, as I will admit little progress has been made due to scheduling conflicts. My anxiety is at a high which can be shown by the pure panic of this blog.  Tomorrow I will share sections from the opener I edited last week. I will share what went wrong during the filming process and how I plan to fix these problems on Monday. On Monday I will be vlogging our film process since the members in my group discussion loved the vlog as it let them see directly how the process went. I want to make sure this vlog is longer and goes into greater detail. 

    Our screenplay is still not done but Julie wants to do it so I am letting her but will gladly help if needed. Sometime next week we will be looking at fonts for our titles. 

    We have a lot to get done and not exactly a good amount of time left, but we can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...