Sunday, February 13, 2022

Film by Numbers

 So it begins.. the first of many film opening blogs. I will admit I am nervous, the most difficult part is occurring now. What to make my film about and what genre and who are my characters and what is the setting and who is my target audience and where will we film and when will we film. All of the above and more are thoughts currently rushing through my brain! Exciting times! I am basically in a state of panic (when am I not?) but this is making my brain want to plan and get started!!

Ideas wise I created a notes page in my phone for brainstorming themes




This weekend I edited a music video for my Student Government class, while no, this is not a two minute film opening, it is a piece that helped me practice my editing and filming skills. Even though the music video was not fully done I calmed down while editing this music video realizing I got this (maybe).


I have decided to work with my classmate Julie, I think two is better than one in that we will work off of each others opinions to create one solid two minute film opening. Julie and I have decided we want to make sure our two minute film opening it something unforgettable, we are leaning towards something sad that will stay in the hearts and minds of our viewers.

I am hoping something from my notes page/mind or my partners thoughts will jump out to us and feel like the perfect fit for our film.


My most recent brainstorm thought was simply "paint by numbers" I need to take this project one step at a time and not panic about my end result since I will not have an end result if I stay panicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Update

   Hi blog, senior year has been something. I have decided to finish my year by graduating early attending online classes. I am still going ...